Re: [Amps] Can I cool too much the tubes?

To: <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Can I cool too much the tubes?
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:40:37 -0700

Does anyone have a schematic for the amp under discussion, or perhaps looked to
see the sensor device that senses excessive heat to
trigger a shutdown?  I am curious what they sample for the  heat trip function.
   And, if it is an internal sensor for the transformer core, it might not
help,  but perhaps some extra muffin fans, mounted external or internal to the
amp could add enough cooling to extend its duty cycle on RTTY.

Back in the olden days, as a kid, I used to sit a muffin fan right on top of my
Drake TR-4 Finals Cage, drawing upward, and the whole radio became and ran
dramatically cooler.

Best Regards,
73, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG