Re: [Amps] Tubes, made in the USA, in the olden days; Films?

To: <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tubes, made in the USA, in the olden days; Films?
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:46:09 -0700
The 833s I saw years ago in their transmitter cabinets, at an AM broadcast
station had no chimneys or ducts to cool them just a lot of
general blower air around them.  The mounts were also very simple....two huge
Filament pins on the bottom,  and two large pins one Plate, and the other grid
on the top of the tube.  Would be easy to mount for a ham amp but the problem
is a huge plate capacitance, which limits their upper practical limit in ham
service to maybe 40 meters as I recall.  They would be a cheap killer solution
to a
160 amp.   Probably had as pulls for cheap from AM broadcast stations that used
to us them.

Best Regards,
73, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG