[Amps] GS35B questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GS35B questions
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 04:28:11 -0700
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 06:38:36 EDT
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS35B questions

Or, use two connectors, one for B plus and another for B minus.

73 de K5GW

##  agreed...and is the correct way to do it.  The 2 x GS35B  my buddy built
for 6M has a separate 4500vdc  B+ supply.   Separate  B+ and B- connectors used
between RF deck and  power supply.

## BTW... the PAIR  of GS3B  sockets  came from that fellow in VE3 land.  They
are
outstanding craftmanship.   Didn't even know he also builds  the socket for the
3CX-3000A7 / 3CX-6000A7.    That socket is also superb.    I have the socket
out of the
8-k ultra..which is identical to the one that RF parts now sell for  $375.00  [
used to be
$275.00  yrs ago]   The  VE3 version is better..and way less $$$.

## The one from VE3 land is even better built.  Both the VE3 version..and the
RF parts version
use a DOUBLE row of finger stock for the outer filament collet.   The inner
collet consists of this
massive, huge pin in the middle..that fits the mating slotted tube.  Mating
slotted tube has a
c locking ring on it..transverse mounted, so the slotted tube can only expand
so much.  That
way, the massive pin makes a good, tight fit.  That arrangement will easily
handle the 80A fil current.

## The various sockets  from that fellow in VE3 land are a bargain....and then
some. Highly
recommended.

Later... Jim  VE7RF