Re: [Amps] Autotune amplifier. How to implement actuator / system for ta

To: Marius Hauki <rezycle.bin@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Autotune amplifier. How to implement actuator / system for tank switching?
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Marius,
  I've gone both ways, stepper motors & gearhead motors, for driving tunable
elements.  I've found the gearhead motor route to be the most practical,
especially if you are considering true autotuning from phase & loading sensors.

  A small gearhead motor (at 10 RPM or so) can easily drive any of the big RF
switches.  Just remove the switch's indexing assembly and add a small wafer to
the shaft for position feedback.  My 4CX600 project and 8877 project do this
with a Radio Switch 86 plus another smaller switch for grid component selection.

  See the bottom of this page for "excessive motor drive details" on another of
my autotune designs.

http://qsl.net/wc6w/wc6wamps/index.html?fr11.html

  I'm slooooowwwly uplosding the rest of the details on this amplifier.

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

http://qsl.net/wc6w/