Re: [Amps] DELCON T210 HF Amplifier Query

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DELCON T210 HF Amplifier Query
From: "bill wylde" <k9wxr@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:08:43 -0500
The Delcon T210/PS210 was made for
the United States Air Force (Contract
AF 30 (635)24774) dated 3 July 1961.
The manual states that Delcon Corporation
was at the time a part of Hewlett-Packard.

The deck has a trio of 4CXC250B tubes
and utilizes all commercially available
components of the day.

Quite a nice little amp, but changing bands
is a bit slow due to C1 and C2 being vacuum
variables and the need for tuning charts if
bands are changed frequently.  Another
problem is the cooling system.  The original
fan was inadequate and heat within the deck
would eventually melt the plastic portions
of the tank coil.  I eliminated this problem
by adding a new deck side plate, with muffin
fan, to keep air flowing within the deck.  The
original louvered side plate was retained so the
deck could be returned to original configuration.

I use this amp on 75 meters where it is quite
comfortable with about 1400 watts output.

Bill