Re: [Amps] Questions from a beginner

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Questions from a beginner
From: Dave M <slash_dot@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:24:51 -0400
another option of course is to find one of the old 11m amps , similar to the
old Kris big boomers or the like and rebuild it for the bands you need , or
look into some of the OLD ARRL handbooks , I remember seeing some small amps
using the 6146 tubes and one using 4 x 6KD6's , these can be adapted to use the
EL519's which altho are relatively expensive can still be obtained reasonably
easily

Not REAL QRO but it will get you the experiance of putting something together
and seeing it work and thats what it is all about , the destination is only one
part of the task , the journey is all the fun  :)

73     VE3DV , Dave