[Amps] Switching Supplies for High Current Filaments

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Switching Supplies for High Current Filaments
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:48:26 +0000 (UTC)

I think making the switcher "ramp up" is pretty easy as most of them already
ramp up their voltage at start up by varying the pwm duty cycle.  I've done
quite a bit of experimentation on this for a smps I am making.  I don't think
it would be a great leap to have the voltage quickly come up to 10% less or
whatever is desired, then increase over some time as the current draw
decreases.

Paul, kg7hf