Re: [Amps] OT Ebay Bidding - Auto Bid

To: flymooney@gmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] OT Ebay Bidding - Auto Bid
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 18:35:35 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/8/2010 5:56:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
flymooney@gmail.com writes:

I don't  understand why everyone gets so mad at the "snipers". I always
just bid  the maximum amount I want to pay and leave it at that. If
someone outbids  me at the last minute, then who cares? It is more than I
wanted to pay  anyway.

Absolutely correct!!!  Often times however you will lose the item for  the
next highest bid increment which usually is not that much that you would
have minded paying.  The problem is in many cases someone else may have bid
MUCH MORE than the next bid increment and won it anyway.  In reality you
would have had to bid much more than the next bid increment.  Did you ever
wonder why "sometimes" an item on EBAY would sell for much more than the going
price?  Mainly because 2 or more people want to make sure they get the item
 so they figure they will bid like $100.00 more than what it would normally
sell  for and they feel confident they will win it for a fraction of the
$100.00.  Then some comes along and bids $125.00 more.  Now that  bidder pays
$100.00+ more than he may have anticipated.  He wins it, but  pays dearly
and the seller makes out like a bandit.  Lou