[Amps] Which LDG Autotuner for Amp Input?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Which LDG Autotuner for Amp Input?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 07:24:34 -0400
Lee Buller wrote:
> But, I picked up the ARRL Handbook this morning on the way to the "reading
> room"
> and saw a project that used a commercial auto tuner to do the job of the
> input
> matching.  It is an LDG autotuner they sell without a box.

This isn't in any of the Handbooks I happen to own. I tried looking
on LDG's web site but found no autotuner without a box. Maybe it is
a special order item? Does anyone have more info on this?

I am looking for some way to get better SWR on my homebrew amp
input, and make it more consistent across all bands. It is a
homebrew cathode driven 4CX1500B and I have no real idea what the
tube input impedance is. I opearate 99.9% CW so an autotuner might
be an attractive option *if* I can fit it in the box.

73,
Paul N1BUG