Re: [Amps] Cleaned-up and expanded YC156 constant current curves

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Cleaned-up and expanded YC156 constant current curves
From: mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 09:13:23 -0500
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 08:38:29PM -0700, Jim Barber wrote:
>   For those that may find a use for them:
>
> I've cleaned up the area of interest to amateurs of the YC156 constant
> current curves and posted both that and an "expanded" version:
>
> Entire page, with graph reconstructed in area of interest to amateurs:
> http://www.n7cxi.com/tubeamps/yc156/YC156_curves.gif
>
> "Expanded" version. (cropped to reasonable area of interest)
> http://www.n7cxi.com/tubeamps/yc156/YC156_curves_expanded.gif
>
> Note these are still the Eimac measurements, not mine. I did it because
> the original scan I have isn't readable and I wanted the information for
> my YC156 project.

Woah! I hadn't seen the YC156 curves before, and I have to doff my hat to
the people brave enough to run them -- if, that is, the data for the plate
current curves at/above 20 Amps weren't extrapolated. 9.9 KV at 110 Amps,
plate-to-cathode, is pretty heavy duty; I suspect it took a fast hand on
the switch and some chart recorders.

The area interesting to us hams (the ones who stay legal, anyway) sure
doesn't use much of that sheet.

Thanks, Jim, and very 73.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO