Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 94, Issue 60

To: "Mike Saculla" <fqm@msn.com>, "amps@contesting" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 94, Issue 60
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 22:53:46 -0500
The metering on these amps were originally setup for 2-tubes.  The metering
range was not expanded when the option for the 3rd tube
models were introduced.  Instead, ETO came out with a mod that doubled the
meter scale.  This is a factory designed mod, still
listed on the Alpha web site.

So what you are seeing is 1200 mA in effect, not 600 ma.

Go by what the LP100 is telling you.  I don't think Scott would have built a
kit and the preassembled ones from Larry are calibrated
to a NTIS master.  The "W" to the right is the LP100 setting for peak power.
So that's a PEP number you are seeing.

The power indication in these Alpha amps are "for reference only" in the best
case.  And pretty far off in the worst.  Of course,
Scott's amp may be exceptional in that regard.  But I have an LP100 also and
that's where I place my power output bets.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com