[Amps] Fwd: COLLINS AMPLIFIER 30S-1 NEW RELAYS

To: AMPS@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: COLLINS AMPLIFIER 30S-1 NEW RELAYS
From: Joel Kornreich <k2qbv2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:47:34 -0400
A short time ago, I have personally found three brand new Collins relays
that I believe is of major interest to people owning the 50 year old Collins
Amplifier 30S-1.  I am selling these relays personally to Collins
amplifier owners and funds go to K2QBV at my home. I have PayPal and that is
the best way (other than a check) to obtain a relay(s).

I have just acquired THREE DIFFERENT kinds of very rare Collins
amplifier power relays (K201, K202 and K203) utilized on the top right shelf
in the Collins 30S-1 amplifier. For two of the Collins relay designs it is
almost impossible to find a spare anywhere as the 30S-1 amplifier is over
fifty five years old.  The Collins 30S-1 relays wear out, and up to now,
there has been no replacement and is very much a common cause leading to a
"toasted" relay or complete failure in your amplifier.  Now is the time to
upgrade or even repair the STEP-START circuit relays with a brand new "state
of the art" design.  These relays are as valuable as having a spare tube
tucked away but at a fraction of the price of the 4CX1000A.

The K201 STEP START relay was manufactured by Magnacraft and Siemens
Corporation exclusively for Collins Research.  The Collins part number is
970-19210-000 and is 110 volts DC (DIRECT CURRENT), 20 amp contacts
(original was 15 amps) and a 10,000 ohm coil.  The K201 relays comes with an
exact mounting replacement bracket and the relay is the same physical size.
Cost of the K201 is $54 and is post paid in the US.  PAYPAL or check is
accepted.

The second relay (K203 CONTROL RELAY) manufactured by Siemens Corporation
for Collins Research and has the Collins part number 970-1937-000.  This
"state of the art" relay is of a "stacked" design (same as the original),
open frame and has a rare combination of 6 amp and 15 amp  6 position
contacts. The coil is 12 volts DC and utilizes a coil of 50 ohms.  This K203
relay is utilized in the second sequence of the "step-start" power design
system. The K203 control relay is less than one year old and a full color
picture can be e mailed to you upon request.  No longer do you have to drill
and mount another sub chassis on the 30S-1 shelf for extra over sized relays
and extra wiring out of desperation to get the amplifier to function. MOST
IMPORTANT, IS THAT WITH EITHER THE K201 OR K203 RELAY, NOTHING IS CHANGED
INTERNALLY AND NO MODIFICATION WHATS SO EVER HAS BEEN DONE TO CHANGE THE
ORIGINAL LOOK OR WIRING OF YOUR AMPLIFIER. With these relay(s) installed,
the amplifier was exactly how it was manufactured in the late 50s.  The cost
of the K203 is $54 and is post paid in the US.  PAYPAL (account number
K2QBV2@GMAIL.COM) is accepted.

The K202 three minute delay timer-relay will not be available to me for a
few weeks.  The K202 delay tube is entirely different and lower in cost than
an Amperite tube replacement design presently in your 30S-1 amplifier.  Cost
of the new Amperite tube K202 (from commerical sources) is over $100 plus if
found anywhere in surplus catalogs.

Any questions, call Joel, K2QBV at 845 354 8965 (eves) in New York or my e
mail at  K2QBV2@gmail.com