Re: [Amps] ALC control with Yaesu FT- 897D and Ameritron ALS-600

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALC control with Yaesu FT- 897D and Ameritron ALS-600
From: "Dick" <dickzs@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 22:11:24 -0600
Re: ALC control with Yaesu FT- 897D and Ameritron ALS-600

Jim:

Thanks for the advice on the ALC.  The manual made me think that it was the
most important way of regulating power with all modes except for CW.  I have
taken your advice and cut the installation down to a single cable to pull the
relay down to ground potential.  In the past I have rarely ever used any type
of compression for worry of distortion (as you pointed out).

The reason that I chose a solid-state amplifier, as opposed to using my Dentron
GLA 1000C, was to make things as simple as possible.  Getting into the ALC
issue was quickly becoming counterproductive.

Dick Zseltvay, KC4COP