Re: [Amps] AL-82 Blowing fuses on startup

To: "Gary McAdams" <g.m.mcadams@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-82 Blowing fuses on startup
From: "Mitch Cox" <ww4cox@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:50:36 -0500
  From: Gary McAdams
  To: amps@contesting.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:47 AM
  Subject: [Amps] AL-82 Blowing fuses on startup

  Hello Group.

  Short question: I have an AL-82 that has started to blow a fuse on start-up.

  It doesn't do it every time, and when the fuse is replaced the unit
  starts OK and runs all day w/o problems. This all started when I
  re-arranged the shack. The unit is about two years old.

  The first time it happened, I checked the AC input at ~248 volts. Is
  this too high?

  So, any ideas on what to look for or where to start? As I sit here the
  amp is on and running, but yesterday I had to replace a fuse to get it
  started. This is only twice that I've had to replace the fuse, but
  that's two times too many.

  73 Gary WG7X