Re: [Amps] Attenuator needed

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Attenuator needed
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:30:20 -0800
I see what you did -- simple idea. I used some flat resistors that bolt to a
heatsink,
each one rated at 20 watts. I don't recall, but I think they are called 'thick
film'
resistors. Not the same as the metal film ones that you used.

Very nice work on your amp. I enjoyed the statement on your site that

> I always start with good intentions but after all the "mods" and
> "improvements", my
> projects usually look like the junk they were made from.

because I just determined that my 160-m tank needed a few more turns and,
lacking a new
piece of identical coil stock big enough for the whole thing, I just grafted a
chunk of
coil onto it! There goes the 'factory' appearance.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA