Re: [Amps] PI-L Thoughts!

To: "Ulf \(SM0NOR\)" <ulf@sm0nor.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PI-L Thoughts!
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@inbox.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:39:19 -0800
The tank coils and the band switch is from Ten-Tec. They used this in the
Titan 425.  The tune-load knobs and Jackson Brothers drives are from them
too.

The 4th switch deck is to control the band switching relays on the WD7S
tuned input board.  I don't remember how I switched the large tune cap into
the circuit but if you look at a Titan 425 schematic, you will see.

You will also notice a large string of orange caps mounted on a piece of
perf board and connected to the lager tune cap. This is the 160 meter tune
padder. These are 33 PF 6KV caps from Mouser. The caps are all in parallel
of course.

Thanks for all the kind words!

73
Jim W7RY