Re: [Amps] Black heat shields

To: "'Paul Kraemer'" <elespe@lisco.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Black heat shields
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 20:53:16 -0700
Hi Paul,
Yes, if the shield is bonded to the chassis, and as long as the chassis is
at a lower temperature than the shield, then there will be a heat flow to
the chassis. However, the devil is in the details, and if the shield and the
chassis are made of aluminum, say .063" thick, then I'd guess the thermal
transfer would be small compared to the heat generated by the tubes.