Re: [Amps] Fan for SB220

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fan for SB220
From: Adrian <vk4tux@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:05:28 +1000
Ok a black body absorbs infra red radiation very well, but how does it
radiate it?
For it to radiate infra red radiation then it becomes red with rise in
temperature and is no longer black.

The reason black gives off heat so well is due to the immediate
convection cooling with air contact and its higher surface temperature
than other colours.

The problem with your theory is that convection heat transfer has been
misrepresented as radiated heat transfer.

To demonstrate my point please make a black heat radiator that stays
black, that I can feel the (radiated) heat from several feet away. use
whatever energy source you like, but it must stay black
at the heat source. ( No fan or air movement involved > convection).

Adrian ... vk4tux