[Amps] current handling capacity of SM caps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] current handling capacity of SM caps
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:59:04 -0600
Any idea of what the current handling capacity would be of the generic silver
mica 500V cap?

Due to the intervention of Murphy, I may be pressed into using a few of these
paralleled in a L/C match for an antenna feed for this weekend’s WPX RTTY
contest.  I don’t have time to find doorknobs because I’m about a day or so
from knowing what the correct values are going to be.  but I do have a pretty
big junkbox of SM units in a big spread of values.

I was hoping someone would have a feeling as to the current carrying capacity.
 Applied power will be around 1300W at 7 Mhz.  Xs will be in the 10-25 ohm
range (so 2200-1000 pf).  Which I think means peak currents of as much as 12A
total...    Ugg

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com