Re: [Amps] Al-82 Blowing fuses?

To: "Dave Cole" <dave@nk7z.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Al-82 Blowing fuses?
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:24:51 -0800
I am going to hunt up a couple of 15 & 20A fast blow fuses and see how it goes.

 Have noted my fan is slow to come up to full speed, am wondering if this might
be part of the problem. The fuse (when it last occurred) seem to go only when I
switch on the amp and immediately attempt to use it with little if any delay
after HV levels are present.

Since I have slowed down my "trigger finger" everything seems to be okay.

Got to get off of my dead and dyin' and give Ameritron/MFJ a phone call about
this occasional problem.

73,
Gary...wa6fgi