Re: [Amps] Adhesive for Teflon sheet..

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Adhesive for Teflon sheet..
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:33:42 -0500
Hi Bob,

I work for an electronics manufacturing company and we have a guy
working for us that is really good at addressing this kind of question.
I asked him and he came up with a possible idea.

We use a Brady Corporation brand tape on our factory floor for marking
where things need to go like carts, parts bins, etc.  This tape is about
two inched wide and very durable since it's subject to a lot of traffic
and wear.  He actually took a small square of Teflon sheet and applied
the tape to it.  Before doing so he cleaned the Teflon with a solvent to
remove any oils or mold release that might be present.  His thinking was
that Brady probably offers a double sided tape using the same adhesive
as used on the floor marking tape.

As long as you're not looking for a lot of tensile bonding strength (the
tape was still able to be peeled off on the sample he prepared) this may
be a solution to what you're looking for.  The bond is quite strong in
shear.

Here's a link to the Brady web site:

http://www.bradycorp.com/

They do sell internationally.

This may be a better, safer and cheaper alternative than some of the
other suggestions.  Although the bond-able Teflon sheet someone else
mentioned looked interesting too.

Good Luck!!

On 3/21/2011 6:10 PM, Robert Briggs wrote:

> Thank you for all the replys both here and email...I have enough
> information now and will be able to get on with the amplifiers...I am
> doing a couple of 70cm units for EME work using the GS-31B tubes .
>
> 73...Bob VK3ZL..

Gary K9GS

Check out K9NS on the web:  http://www.k9ns.com
Greater Milwaukee DX Association: http://www.gmdxa.org