Re: [Amps] 87 a query re align motors?

To: "'Charles Harpole'" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 87 a query re align motors?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:20:51 -0400
Does this happen on all bands? Did this happen suddenly? Was the amp working
OK before that? Was there any indication of a problem before the amp got
into this state?

If it happens on one or two bands only, I'd suspect something wrong in the
output network, like maybe a bad cap. If it happens on all bands, I'd
suspect something wrong in the path between the forward/reflected RF
detector and the output connecter. Could something wrong with the detector,
a bad PIN diode, a bad solder joint somewhere or even a bad connector.

73, Dick WC1M