Re: [Amps] Homebrew is back..

To: "Roger \(sub1\)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Homebrew is back..
From: "Diane & Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:38:12 -0500
Hi Roger et al,

I use a pair of 813s in parallel grounded-grid service here in my homebrewed
KW amplifier, and---I'm blushing as I type this!---but I have NEVER EVER
purchased any of the jugs that are in it, or the spares that I have here,
brand new...

They are all either Hamfest finds, or freebies from friends.

Life's far too short to pay-off a retiree's ransom for new & exotic
tubes---and I have yet to hear anyone at the DX end of my QSOs asking me (or
expressing any care whatsoever) which tube(s) I might be using! Hi Hi

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ