Re: [Amps] Homebrew is back..

To: "audioguy@q.com" <audioguy@q.com>, "Roger (sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Homebrew is back..
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:44:03 -0400
   It had seemed to me, at least for receivers, that the single conversion
ones with a premixer rather than a
triple conversion sounded better. The idea being the fewer conversions you
had the cleaner the signal sounded.
Perhaps that applies to transmitters to. Like the FLEX and other that
generate SSB directly. Now saying that
I think I may look for a Heathkit SB10. It was a direct SSB generating
exciter. But the audio bandwidth is
limited by the audio phasing network's frequency range.
73
Bill

  Do you need a FLEX to really appreciate the audio of a FLEX?