Re: [Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service?
From: "Martin Sole" <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:05:50 +0700
And Earth is green and yellow striped.
Was this all changed in line with tests done to assess the safest colours
for people with colour vision difficulties?
Red and black being indistinguishable for certain colour vision
deficiencies.

Out here in the unchecked and unregulated wild lands of Asia domestic wiring
is supposed to be black for phase and grey for neutral. An earth connection
is almost unheard of. Opening a wall outlet reveals pretty much any colour
from the rainbow, depends what they had and how cheap it was. Most domestic
outlets are wired with 1.5mmsq or less if they could get away with it. Makes
running a ham amplifier quite interesting.

Martin, HS0ZED