Re: [Amps] Transformer i.d.

To: "'Glen Zook'" <gzook@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer i.d.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 22:54:01 -0400
Glen,

If you don't find any info on the transformer hook a 12 volt filament
transformer up to the primary and measure the secondary. The 3000 volt
winding should read around 300 volts or so.

You could ohm it out first but be sure to short out the primary with a clip
lead first so you don't zap your meter.

73
Gary  K4FMX