[Amps] Amp Supply Power Dropping

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Amp Supply Power Dropping
From: Michael Almeter <w4mja@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,   I've got an interesting problem with my Amp Supply LK-500NTC.
While operating a contest this weekend, I watched as periodically, the power
would drop down to about 100 watts output (with about 50 watts going into the
amp from the transmitter). I'd give the amp a second, and the power would go
right back up to about 500 watts.    I initially thought this was overheating,
so I turned the internal fan on full blast. This didn't seem to make that much
of a difference. Every once in a while, the amplifier would not have any
output. Between 50 and 90 watts going in, but nothing coming out. This makes me
think there's a connection issue in the amp, but I haven't been able to find
one - yet. While there was low output or no output, the plate and grid current
on the amplifier remained within normal ranges.    Any one got any ideas?

73,

Mike

W4MJAdiv>