[Amps] Commander HF 1250

To: <at6c@bellsouth.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Commander HF 1250
From: "Roland AH6RR" <Toesonnose@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:59:25 -1000
Aloha George,

 I have just completed a repair on a Commander HF-2500 that also included
replacing the HV metering resistor string. It is not that hard but it does
require removing the RF deck. This is a problem with the older Commander
amps the resistors change value or fail over time and since they did not
include a inspection hatch on the bottom of the chassis it requires the
removal of the RF deck. I had to remove the Tune Capacitor to reach the
Allen set screws on the Load Cap, once the caps and band switch setscrews
are loose remove the back panel (you do not have to unsolder anything just
fold it down) . Remove the  wires going into the RF Deck be sure to mark
their position then remove the screws holding the RF Deck and the center RF
shield and slide backwards and lift it out. Remove the HV filter board and
replace the metering resistors. Then reassemble the amp it is not a easy job
but it is not that hard.

Good Luck

Roland AH6RR