Re: [Amps] Filament transformer needed

To: "Glen Zook" <gzook@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filament transformer needed
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 23:03:34 -0500
Glen,

You may want to rethink that headroom.  The transformer will tend to have a bit
higher voltage if running at less than rated load.
And higher than optimal fil voltages equate to shorter tube life.  In addition,
there is less inrush trama to the filament if you
have a matched transformer.  I think the latter is subject to some debate
however.

In any event, you would want to trim the actual fil voltage with a series
resistor for max life.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com