Re: [Amps] Meter issue

To: "Paul Decker" <kg7hf@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Meter issue
From: "Mitch Cox" <ww4cox@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 21:48:24 -0400
  From: Paul Decker
  To: amps@contesting.com
  Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 9:42 PM
  Subject: [Amps] Meter issue

  I've been trouble shooting a problem in my amp with the Ip and Ig metering.
I've got parallel 1n4004 diodes with opposite polarity accross the meter
terminals of each Ip and the Ig meter, nothing new, pretty standard.

  It's easy enough to replace the diodes, but what would cause one of the
diodes in both meters to fail in the shorted case? There are no other apparent
problems and the amp still works save seeing the meters deflect.

  Thanks

  Paul