Re: [Amps] Memorial Day weekend amplifier fun/work

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Memorial Day weekend amplifier fun/work
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq72@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:13:03 +0100
It was a public holiday here too. At the other end of the
technology spectrum, I did a bit of fiddling with coax
transformers and got a BLF578 transistor running cw (continuous
wave, not Morse code) at 2W in 1000W out at 144MHz. No, that's not
a typing error. It will glow white like a 4-1000, but only for a
ms or so.

Steve