Re: [Amps] Should a blower run after amp shutdown?

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Should a blower run after amp shutdown?
From: "Roger (sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 04:55:13 -0400
On 6/3/2011 2:46 PM, Carl wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger (sub1)"
> <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>

They make some really nice "whole house" units that will run off either
Natural or LP gas.  Much more economical than gas powered ones and they
come in 15 or 20 KW with an automated transfer switch. They fire up once
a week to cycle and warm up.  Only short coming is the amount of natural
gas they use.  The typical 20 kw unit can be powered by the typical gas
supply, but that doesn't leave much if any gas for anything else like
heat. The power company usually gets a bit more money for running a
larger supply.

We installed a so called 9 KW portable(it has wheels) in mid 2000 after
a lot of them were returned when the Y2K scare turned out to be for
naught.  Although we live within 4 miles of town, 2 miles from the city
limit, we've already passed over 200 hours on that generator in 11
years, so I'm giving serious consideration to one of the larger (and
much quieter ones)

73

Roger (K8RI)