Re: [Amps] lcd display

To: "Carey Lockhart, KC5GTT" <kc5gtt@gmail.com>, "Mike" <k4gmh@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] lcd display
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 18:18:54 -0500
It looks to me that very simple and minor mods to the coupler would get it up
to spec.  If you keep the SWR under control, the
voltages are not the issue.  Only the currents.  Laying a couple of symmetrical
12-gauge wires to joion the ground connections.  And
one more along the centerline.  Soldered to the existing trace all along the
length.  And that would address the current.  Assuming
you don't want to diddle with a possible firmware mod, you can scale the
coupler outputs with a pad as well.

I think the bigger challenge will be getting the source and control lines
decoupled well enough.  A physically boxed compartment for
this board is probably the minimum to keep the RF off that board.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com