Re: [Amps] Voltage Doubler Regulation

To: "'Mike'" <hinrgdj@centurylink.net>, "'Richard Solomon'" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Voltage Doubler Regulation
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:41:24 -0400
This circuit was referred to on here a few years ago. It will buy you
nothing as far as regulation. It will have poorer regulation than a standard
full wave doubler. Of course you can increase the value of the output
capacitor and improve it but you can also do that with a standard full wave
doubler.

Look at the circuit closely. It is two half wave doublers feeding an output
capacitor.

73
Gary  K4FMX