Re: [Amps] Shipping to Japan

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping to Japan
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:56:55 +0100
On 06/19/11 11:14 PM, w7mem@juno.com wrote:
> Hi All Anyone have a Idea how much and who can crate and ship a Henry 3KD
> Premier to Oshaka Japan?? Fedex /ups or dare I ask a Airline?? Mark W7MEM

There are numerous options - USPS, UPS, Fedex, DHL .. etc. The problem with all
these services is that if you only ship a small quantity of items, you pay a
fairly large amount in shipping fees.

What is worth doing is registering for an account on Parcels 2 Go.

http://www.parcel2go.com/

which is basically a price comparison website which compares prices of
different
couriers.

After entering the weight and dimensions, you then get you loads of quotes
displayed. It's much like comparing car insurance online. You can then pick one
of the quotes.

Ask the buyer if he wants the item insured during transit. The default amount
of
insurance on couriers can be quite low (under $100), but adding insurance can
be
quite expensive.

Be very weary of making sure you have received payment before sending an item.
have someone trying to scam me just now, which I am playing along with. He
*claims* to be a Canadian ham, but is I believe a scammer in the North of
England.