Re: [Amps] DIODE PIV Confusion

To: <K1SG@aol.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DIODE PIV Confusion
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:36:01 -0700
I read that but that's just a matter of manufacturers making up rules as they
go along.

IRC registered the 6A series with JEDEC over 30 years ago, and the registration
says a 6A10 is 1kV.  A 6A01 is 100V, and they're all the same size; the only
difference is the die inside.  The 100V parts are fallouts that were intended
to diffuse to higher breakdown voltages and missed.  But the die size is the
same, as is the package size, for all of them.

73

Steve WB2WIK