Re: [Amps] 3-500 z...g Impressions?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500 z...g Impressions?
From: Michael J Talkington <n8fwd@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:31:27 -0400
Hello,
I have used Taylors in my Ameritron AL-82 and my Heathkit SB-220.
I have never had any problems with these tubes. Just the other night on 3892 Khz
I fell asleep in my chair I hit the lock button on my md-100 microphone and was
snoring at 1500 watts for a hour and a half. The amp and tubes along with the
radio
still run fine. I also run my amplifiers hard and have no problem. I tune for
max and
never back the load down never. Now I have heard others having problems with
Taylors but this is My opinion. 73 de Mike N8FWD