Re: [Amps] MRF141g amp kit offered by CCI

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MRF141g amp kit offered by CCI
From: "Han Higasa" <higasa@plum.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:50:10 +0900
No Ian, as you mentioned 12dB down (19W @ 300W out) ,

>  2nd and 3rd harmonics such as -16dBc (7.5W @300W out).

meant I have obtained harmonics signal level of 7.5W at 300W out
after balancing both FETs with independent gate bias circuits.
My CCI kit has common bias circuit but the independent ones is better.
As the impedance of the gate is high 5k ohm variable resistors and
adequate decoupling capacitors such as 10uf + 0.1uF is enough.

I mainly tested it on 50MHz band into a bird dummy load.

At HF it have exhibited high power gain such as 0.5-1W in 300W out.
At 50MHz 3W in 300W out.

I have tested N6CA absorption type LPF and it worked fine.

http://www.ham-radio.com/n6ca/50MHz/50appnotes/50tlpf.html

GL, de Han JE1BMJ