Re: [Amps] bird meters

To: vk3pa@vk3pa.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] bird meters
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:15:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
  Probably don't want to start messing with the slug calibraton.

  You could drive a current sink (op-amp + JFET + 420 ohm R) with a 1400 ohm
input R to match the type 43 slug.

  Something like this:

http://www.freecircuits.net/circuit-57.html

  Note that operating at such low currents that the NPN booster device is not
required.

  A very low offset op-amp is required.  Single supply may be possible.

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

http://qsl.net/wc6w/