Re: [Amps] NOS 811's & 30L1

To: "Mike Lord" <k4elv@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NOS 811's & 30L1
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:49:59 -0400
Hi Mike,

I wonder just exactly how those 811As were "matched" at source...?

Years ago when I built my first HB kilowatt amplifier---using 4 surplus
811As---I learned the hard way of the importance of proper matching...and I had
the 811As with holes on their plates the size of your baby fingernail to prove
it, too! Hi Hi.

I finally settled on "matching" these tubes by resting current, one tube at a
time. Any wide divergence from "the norm": in this way, & that tube was not
considered to be suitable. It worked for me, but I sure went through a TON of
811As before I finally learned (lucky for me they were only a buck, or two,
apiece from North American Electronics in Montreal).

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ