[Amps] SB-220 Parasitic Suppressor replacements

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] SB-220 Parasitic Suppressor replacements
From: Wayne Alday <waynea@xwea.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:11:40 -0500
Guys:

First forgive me for being ignorant. Im just cutting my teeth. I have
tried to do my own research, but I have come up a little short.

Dealing with an SB-220 here. Don't want to open a can of worms of what
or what doesn't work, that has been rehashed again and again according
to the archives. What I would like to know is this. I have ordered the
ohmite 47ohm 2 watt ceramic comp resistors mentioned by someone here
(don't remember who at the moment but it was recommended the OX or OY
series). The carbon comps are reading around 75-80ohm and I read this is
unacceptable. From what I understand you would make a continuous run of
wire from the plate cap to the plate choke, putting the coil alongside
the resistor instead of wrapping it around the resistor like the
original construction. Would the 3 turn coil that was around the
original resistor work, or do you have to design something different for
this setup. Also I read that wire gauge does not really matter the
smallest solid core I have is 14GA do I need to get something smaller?

Thanks,

--Wayne W4WEA