Re: [Amps] Motorola AM-495

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Motorola AM-495
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:24:23 -0400
   Along that same line,  I am looking for  a parts unit/ junk AM-495 or
even a 494.
When I was a young ham I converted an AM-495 to run 20 and 15 meter SSB and
CW.
Ran great when driven by my CE 10A.  I had my own power supply and could
vary all the
bias voltages including B+.  Would like to reconstruct this 40 year old
project but
don't have the chassis. I have just about everything else but just can't
spend much
on the project itself. I even have the large tuning knobs and planetary
reduction drives.
   Want to reconstruct some of my old old projects.
    Sure wish I had not parted out my HT-4. Made a nice amplifier using a
pair of 250TH's
in G-G. Needed negative bias on grids but worked great. Worked a lot of DX.
73
Bill wa4lav