Re: [Amps] Gettering 3-500 Tubes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Gettering 3-500 Tubes
From: rbethman <rbethman@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 14:21:04 -0500
I can agree with that.

Although I don't usually let the 3-500s sit for more than a couple of years.

The ones in my Amp Supply LK-500ZB are the originals.

When it was shipped to me in the late '90s, The tubes were sent in a
separate box in there original Eimac packaging.

I still fire it up on AM with a DX-60/HG-10 feeding it.  Does nicely on AM.

The Amp Supply does NOT use air sockets or chimneys.  However, it is
indeed built like a tank, and has one healthy muffin fan that cools it all.

Unlike Heath, Amp Supply used top line parts.  The transformer was made
by PW Dahl.

Bob - N0DGN

On 11/6/2011 1:30 PM, Dave White wrote:
> Great advice as ever from Carl.  Print it out and pin it on the shack door :-)
>
> Dave G0OIL

|               AM Amateur Radio Operator    NØDGN                 |
|               http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman/                 |