Re: [Amps] What type of amplifier is best

To: Jeff Blaine <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>, Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>, "sre.1966@gmail.com" <sre.1966@gmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What type of amplifier is best
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:02:04 -0500
  I am about to retire and hope to find some time to build some amplifiers.
It has been difficult retiring after an 40 year engineering career. I love
desinging
and building stuff.
  I think my first will be some 4CX250B grounded screen grid and
control grid connected to cathode. Should have very low distortion.
But low power gain as well. Maybe around 5 or 6dB.
  The second will be a pair of 250TH in grounded grid like I ran as
a teenager. It was so cool. But I only had 2kV plate voltage back then
for that rig.
  I really want to make an amplifier with my 2000T. Grid driven naturally.
That one would be really cool. Just think of how big that tube is.

73
Bill wa4lav