Re: [Amps] To rewind or not? (3KA resonant filter choke)

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] To rewind or not? (3KA resonant filter choke)
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:42:20 -0500
I wouldnt ever run 5-6KV thru a 260.

Just about all VTVM's have optional HV probes and those meters will show you
things a DVM will never do, even a Heathkit.

I use a Hickok 209A with that huge meter, a Fluke DVM with 6 and 20KV probes
and several scopes for PS work and all have their strengths and weaknesses
but internal breakdown is not one of them.
Carl
KM1H