[Amps] 432 MHz stripline

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 432 MHz stripline
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 02:30:37 +0000 (UTC)
Hi gang,
A few weeks ago I asked the group about modification to my 8874 stripline 432
MHz amplifier to replace it with a 3cx800.

Well I made the modifications and extended just the very back portion of the
stirpline.  I couldn't get the amplifier to tune up.  Grid and plate current
were well within spec, but i would not output much more than 50 watts.

It was mentioned to use a gdo or antenna analyzer to tune the stripline.  I'm
wondering what the procedure for that might be?  How would I couple the gdo or
antenna analyzer to the stripline?  With or without the tube installed?  Power
on/off?

Thanks,
Paul
kg7hf