Re: [Amps] 3CX400/3CX800 Socket

To: "Charles Hedrick" <cchedrick@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX400/3CX800 Socket
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:12:51 -0500
The plate clamp used is simply a push on big resistor type clamp and maded
of plated steel. I tossed them in my 76PA as they were corroded from
Carribean living at a contest station. Ive had many othe 8874 Alphas in here
with similar corrosion and some appears to be caused just by the RF.  I cut
some brass strips, drilled a few holes for a screw and wire connection and
tighten enough so they make a good connection but not overtight.

Carl
KM1H