Re: [Amps] GPT-750 power supply

To: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GPT-750 power supply
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:13:46 -0500
All you need for a choke is to get a bit past the "critical inductance"
which is explained in all the old handbooks. Use more C at the output to
reduce ripple.
I use a 12H 600ma choke also (must have been a popular surplus value) and 7
220uF snap in caps for the C and it barely budges the HV in a 1000W final
plus modulator. The transformer is from a 1000W Gates BCB TX that used 4
833A's for RF and audio.

Carl
KM1H