Re: [Amps] 4 x Glass Glowing tubes

To: <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4 x Glass Glowing tubes
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:37:48 +0000
Hi all, Bill,

Yes, Bill is right.
I am not looking for just watts. I don´t want a closed box with ceramic tubes
inside (I already own one).
What I would like to get is a beauty looking amp with good/high quality audio,
based on glass tubes.

Let me change the question.

What tubes do you recomend to me to build a 14 MHz monoband amp from these;
GU48/833A, GU81M or GU5B?

GU5b (triode) is powerfull, cheap and AB2 class quality, the only issue is the
blower/noise they need.  http://tubedata.tubes.se/sheets/018/g/GU5B.pdf
GU81M, tetrode, are cheap, and I guess has quality as well, no blower (or small
one), but tetrode needs more power supplies
http://tubedata.tubes.se/sheets/018/g/GU81M.pdf
GU48/833A, (triode), are cheap, B class, unstable?
http://tubedata.tubes.se/sheets/018/g/GU48.pdf

It could be just monoband amp, for 14 MHz, may be I can add 7 MHz later on.
Thinking in 4 tubes to get blowing glass enough and power between 4 to 10 Kw).

Any other glass tube?
Any recomendation?

Thank you very much

73, Maximo