[Amps] FW: 4 x GU-81 Grounded Grid Penthodes

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FW: 4 x GU-81 Grounded Grid Penthodes
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:36:04 -0500
From: amps-bounces@contesting.com [amps-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of
Fuqua, Bill L [wlfuqu00@uky.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:52 PM
To: Carl; Roger (K8RI); amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4 x  GU-81 Grounded Grid Penthodes

Suppressor grids have very few wires per inch compared to the control grid or
even the
screen grid. The primary electrons from the cathode should be not be affected
enough
to be an issue. Secondary electrons have very low potential energy and are easy
deflect.  The problem with secondary electrons occurres when the screen grid is
more positive than the plate and are drawn from the plate to the screen grid.
 That is where the dynatron region exist.
73
Bill wa4lav